LisaHenry

Lisa Henry

I'm a writer. I write m/m erotica. Kind of dark stuff, even though in real life I like rainbows and puppies and kittens. Not all at once though. That would be overwhelming.

Whatever The Cost
The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal
E.K. Weaver
Teahouse
Emirain
Waiting in the Throes - Maddox Grey Oh, why is this a WIP? I want to read it all now!

From the moment his captors rip Brennan's teeth out, you know you're not in for your usual "Oh, he kidnapped me but he turns out to be really hot and I think I love him" kind of slave fic. And I mean that as a compliment, I promise.

This is raw, visceral, and horrifying.

I also mean that as a compliment.

Brennan's journey is not a nice one. The tiny moments of respite only serve to make the horror more stark.

No Stockholm Syndrome here. No giving in. Every time he sees a chance to escape, Brennan takes it. And every time he fails, his punishments get more vicious. There are real-world consequences here as well. No magic fixes once Brennan's ordeal is over. He's got terrible injuries, a family who doesn't know how to deal with what he's been through any more than he does, and two very scary predators out there who (since this is a WIP) have so far not been found.

I love this. I hate it. I want to read more of it.