LisaHenry

Lisa Henry

I'm a writer. I write m/m erotica. Kind of dark stuff, even though in real life I like rainbows and puppies and kittens. Not all at once though. That would be overwhelming.

Whatever The Cost
Teahouse
Emirain

Review: Power Play, by Rachel Haimowitz & Cat Grant

Power Play: Awakening - Rachel Haimowitz, Cat Grant

Wow. Okay, I read that in record time. I may have saved time by forgetting to breathe.

This was intense. Brandon's transformation was nothing less than spiritual -- or maybe all that talk of offering up sorrows is talking me right back to when I used to hang around the local Catholic Church as an impressionable teenager. Just for that one young priest who wore a Batman t-shirt, a cheeky smile, and spoke Latin. But that's probably not relevant, so I'll start again.

This was intense. I know that some other reviewers have had an issue with Brandon submitting to pain when it wasn't one of his kinks, but that felt like kind of the point to me. Brandon's submission meant that he put Jonathon's needs first, and that was a huge deal for both of them. I'm still not sure how I feel about Jonathon, he seemed to jump from sadistic asshole to cuddly teddy way too quickly. I'd like to spend more time in his POV to really get a handle on him.

I loved Brandon's journey, and the scenes between the guys were hot.

It definitely feels like more of an HFN than an HEA, but that's okay because that means we might see the guys again. More, please?