LisaHenry

Lisa Henry

I'm a writer. I write m/m erotica. Kind of dark stuff, even though in real life I like rainbows and puppies and kittens. Not all at once though. That would be overwhelming.

Whatever The Cost
The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal
E.K. Weaver
Teahouse
Emirain
Weight of a Gun II - Gryvon, Scarlet Blackwell, Cornelia Grey, S.L. Armstrong Oh my! * fans self* Okay, lets talk men with guns.

The Inquisitor...3.5 stars

The world-building here is fascinating. The Inquisitor follows on from The Machinist, which was in the first Weight of a Gun volume. In it, we learn a little of Avery's background, a little more about the monsters that attack the human enclaves, and there is, naturally, some very hot scenes with gun play. I really like Avery as a character -- he's a fascinating man in a fascinating world.

Playing With the Big Boys...3.5 stars

Okay, I love me some Scarlet Blackwell, and here she delivers her specialty: hot alpha bastards taking what they want. In this case, they're taking Caleb Baker, a cop who stumbles across their smuggling operation. For some reason though, I didn't love this as much as I should have. Maybe I've reached saturation on dub-con at the moment, because this really should have pushed all my buttons in all the right ways. I think I would have liked to see some real character development though. The problem was, I never felt that Caleb was in actual physical danger, when -- holy crap, the things they were doing with guns, I should have.

Benjamin Pepperwhistle and the Fantabulous Circus of Wonders...5 stars

This is the one I was sure I'd hate. I figured it would be too cutesy or quirky or something...blame the title. But, wow, just wow. I loved this. Way to ramp up the sexual tension! This was actually the story where the least happened, sexually, but the pay off was well worth waiting for, for both Benjamin and me. The smell of the black powder, the sensation of bullets thudding into the wooden target that Benjamin is strapped to...the other stories were about people playing with guns and liking gun play, but this...this was on a whole different level. For the record, I don't like guns, but Benjamin sure did, and it was, literally, smoking hot.

The scene where Benjamin cums when Cole fires the last bullet -- fucking hell! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to fan myself some more.