LisaHenry

Lisa Henry

I'm a writer. I write m/m erotica. Kind of dark stuff, even though in real life I like rainbows and puppies and kittens. Not all at once though. That would be overwhelming.

Whatever The Cost
The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal
E.K. Weaver
Teahouse
Emirain
Blood Oranges - Orbiting Jupiter What a sweet story!

You know those times where you buy books and they're...meh. They're okay, but they're not what you wanted. There's no emotional punch. I've been reading a few of those lately, and not loving them. Luckily there is some fantastic free stuff online, and luckily my GR buddies keep finding it!

This is a lovely story (and sexy as well) about Oakes, a 19 year old student on his way home to his mother's funeral. On the bus he meeds the most extraordinary, unlikely boy called Aspen.

And that's it really. The story's not original, but the language is great and the emotion is so very, very real.

I think what I really loved here was how Aspen ended up staying with Oakes' dad. Did not see that coming, but it was so perfect for the story.

It's a story that starts with sadness and ends with hope, as simple as that. And it was a beautiful journey.