LisaHenry

Lisa Henry

I'm a writer. I write m/m erotica. Kind of dark stuff, even though in real life I like rainbows and puppies and kittens. Not all at once though. That would be overwhelming.

Whatever The Cost
E.K. Weaver
Teahouse
Emirain
Words and Their Digestion - seventhswan 3.5 stars

I really liked this. Tanner's voice was no unique.

What dropped the rating for me was the resolution: It didn't seem fair that Tanner lost a friend in order to gain a boyfriend. I would have liked to see it end differently. The ending was very realistic, but sometimes I don't want realism. Sometimes I want everyone to get a HEA.

I also would have liked to see Japeth's POV. Maybe things would have ended between him and Roz without Roz getting hung up on Tanner, but we don't know that. Maybe Roz was the love of his life. I also thought that some of Japeth's frustration with Tanner at the end might have been put in to make the reader dislike him, but it didn't work for me. Because Japeth had spent a long time being one of Tanner's only two friends, and the only one with the patience to live with him. I totally understood his moments of frustration and spite.

I really, really liked this, but it feels like Japeth lost everything here -- his best friend, his boyfriend, and the place he was living -- through no fault of his own.