LisaHenry

Lisa Henry

I'm a writer. I write m/m erotica. Kind of dark stuff, even though in real life I like rainbows and puppies and kittens. Not all at once though. That would be overwhelming.

Whatever The Cost
The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal
E.K. Weaver
Teahouse
Emirain
Fettered - Lyn Gala Oh, I liked this one very much! More please!

It's so refreshing to see another side to BDSM. By that, I mean no BDSM 101 here. No calm, deliberate discussion about safewords, soft limits, hard limits and all the rest. This is about desperate needs, not cold negotiation.
The MC Dylan tries that with Guard, and it's weird and awkward.

For what it's worth, at that point in the book I liked Guard a lot more than Vin, but later, when Dylan explains how he worries he wouldn't fit into Guard's perfectly ordered life, with all his rough edges, I completely understood his point.

The background story here -- the upcoming trial of Dylan's brother Gary on rape charges -- was solid. At times it felt like Gary was getting a bit too cartoon-villainish for me, but the rest of this book was so strong that was easy enough to overlook. I loved the portrayal of Dylan's parents -- facing their worst nightmare, and trying to hold their family together without realising it was broken a long time ago.

Miss Dolphinia was fantastic. I would love to see more of her. I particularly loved her when she rescues Dylan from an enraged Gary:

"The king of the jungle had just met the queen of the fucking universe."

Miss Dolphinia rocks.